First Atlantic Commerce was the brainchild of Andrea Wilson (former CEO), who, while working for one of Bermuda’s banks in the late 1980s, received a phone call from a merchant asking for help with online purchasing. Andrea decided to research the requirements for providing credit card processing for Internet merchants, quickly realised the potential, and First Atlantic Commerce was launched.
First Atlantic Commerce was founded in April 1998.
No, it is a payment gateway.
First Atlantic Commerce is based in Bermuda for historic reasons. Andrea founded the company while working on the island, and it is now owned by Edmund GIbbons Limited (private group of companies)
First Atlantic Commerce currently employs 19 staff.
First Atlantic Commerce’s head office is in Bermuda and we have consultants in Toronto, Canada, Honduras, Costa Rica and South Africa.
- Multi-currency credit card processing with presentment and settlement in local currencies
- The Caribbean, Central America and Bermuda direct merchant account solutions
- AVS-only solutions to help screen fraudsters by comparing the billing address provided by the purchaser to the billing address on the cardholder’s credit card statement
- CVC solutions (CVV2/CVC2/CID) to validate the security code found on the back of credit cards, which confirms that the purchaser has the card in hand
- Pre-authorisation requests along with AVS and CVV2 data checks
- Kount fraud mitigation service
3-D Secure™based payer authentication services:
- Provides Internet merchants with the ability to verify a consumer’s true identity through a secure, electronic, non “face-to-face” authentication process
- Enables all parties in an eCommerce payment transaction to transmit confidential and valid payment data
- Provides verification to the merchant that the buyer is the authorized owner of a card account
- Offers immediate protection from fraud-related chargebacks (“I didn’t do it” chargebacks)
First Atlantic Commerce has assisted a number of banks with their eCommerce merchant acquiring programs. Our years of expertise and direct experience of supporting Internet merchants with credit card payment processing around the world, makes us ideally suited to providing banks with meaningful strategic and tactical support to launch (or upgrade) their services.
- Strategic Planning – development of an effective eCommerce strategy that takes into account your unique banking environment
- Needs Analysis – recommendations on how to implement your new eCommerce strategy
- Planning and Implementation – the planning and delivery required to support your bank’s specific objectives
- e-Risk Management and Best Business Practices – guidance on effective risk management practices to fully support a comprehensive Internet merchant acquiring programme
- 3-D Secure™- Leverage our cGate®SecureVerify payer authentication solution as an outsourced service
- Fraud and Data Management Solutions